_blank

[Story] Ella Episode 1

Ads BY Kbees NG
Ads BY Kbees NG
Ads BY Kbees NG


# ELLA
Continues
chapter 1
Friday came as usual, i got dressed for
church practice. Osas and I strolled
along to the church. This was the first
time I’d be going to church practice
without my father looking over my
shoulder. Osas, although being a man
servant who attends practice always,
never went with my dad. He always
came up with one excuse to leave
earlier or later than us, or to drag
behind long after dad picks me up. At
20 dad trusted him a little more than
me. He was a student in uniben, so
there was little dad could do to monitor
him. We got to church about 20 minutes
before practice time, and we parted
ways. Osas went with his fellow man
servants, while I eft with my friends
Ruth and Hannah.
Ruth and Hannah were the only close
friends i have, we attend the same
secondary school, and attend practice
together. They were about my age too.
Mum knows them very well, and had
banned me from associating with them.
Both of them were very popular in
church and school, for entirely negative
reasons. Ruth in particular always filled
my ear with stories of her rich
boyfriends, most of whom had either
just returned from Malaysia or Italy. She
had a lot of expensive stuff to showcase
every week. She spends her weekends in
highbrow hotels in Benin city. She once
showed me pictures of herself in kada
plaza, somewere in Benin city, with one
of her Malaysian friends. I do not even
know were kada plaza is in benin. Ruth
knew how to have fun, she had an
exciting life going for her. I’m often left
to bemoan my own lonely little life, in
the cell my parents had created. Hannah
did not have the same freedom as Ruth,
her parents were just like mine. But
unlike me, Ruth knew how to get around
her parents. I knew she had a boyfriend,
a man servant. I guess i was the one
always left out. I kept thinking about her
boring my life was all through the
practice.
The day’s practice went by pretty fast,
we were done and ready to leave. It was
about 4:30 pm, so i was heading
towards the gate hoping to meet Osas
somewhere along the way. I was quite
confused when I discovered that only a
handfull of us were heading home.
Others, including my friends were
hanging around. Even Osas was
nowhere in sight. So I turned around,
and went back to the church compound,
to search for him. I know dad would be
furious if i returned late. On my way
back, i sighted Ruth from afar, deeply
involved in a conversation with a guy.
His name is Ehis, he is alittle older than
us. He was a tall, dark skinned
handsome guy. I have seen him around
a lot of times, he was a popular face. I
stood far from them for a while, hoping
that the conversation will end soon, and
Ehis will leave. I don’t like being around
him. There’s a certain way he makes
me feel, i get nervous whenever he
came around. He had this soft gentle
and sweet nature, whenever i spoke to
him. He doesn’t fail to remind me of
how beautiful i was. He had his way
with words. Most times, after practice i
spend my entire night thinking about
him.
I was so deep in my thoughts that i did
not notice Ehis walking towards me.
“Hey” his sweet baritone voice jerked
me back to reality. ” wow you are still
around, how come? I immediately looked
down, trying to gather words to reply. I
knew what to say in my head, but the
problem is that my head had been
disconnected from my mouth. I only
stuttered a few words, only God knew if
he understood me. I had barely finished
a sentence when I heard my name from
nowhere. Osas and Ruth ran towards
me, exchanged greetings with Ehis and
informed me that we would be leaving
much later. He said he had other things
to attend to. I was almost furious, i
knew dad would so mad at me. Ruth
noticed my indignation, and quickly
intercepted, “cant you see everyone is
still around?Come on let’s have fun”.
Before Ruth finished her sentence, Osas
was already on his way out of sight. I
resigned to wait. Ruth, Ehis and i
walked towards the church hall. Ehis
tried to grab hold of my hand, i quickly
moved my hand away. He didn’t say
anything.
To be continued
Ads BY Kbees NG
0 comments
OLAA

Add your Comments

0 comments: