_blank

[Story] THE PLAINFUL PLEASURE Episode 7

Ads BY Kbees NG
Ads BY Kbees NG
Ads BY Kbees NG


The Painful Pleasure
EPISODE 7
To cut the long story short, we finally got to ‘Campus gate’ in
Ife. I alighted from the bus with my ‘FDF’, and took my load.
Carrying them was not so easy, so Moji offered to carry one
for me, but i told her not to worry.
I saw a large bill board that has “WELCOME TO OBAFEMI
AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ILE IFE” boldly written on It, with the
motto “FOR LEARNING AND CULTURE” written underneath. I
was quite shocked when i saw the logo, it was the statue of a
woman, with book on her head. “Does this mean we will
have to read and cram like mad?” I said to Moji, who
laughed at me like i didn’t know what i was saying. “The
statue represents culture, and the book depicts learning as
the motto states” She answered, clearing my ignorance. I
was so surprised that she knew that, since we were both
‘freshers’, so i asked her how she knew that. “My dad
graduated from OAU.”She Answered.
We entered the school gate, and took a bus into campus. As
we were in the bus, i thought to myself, “I won’t want to
make the same mistake i made with Sandra. This one, i must
surely get her my number. So i gave her my (palasa) phone
boldly and said to her. “Something is wrong with my phone,
can you help fix it?” She looked at me like I didn’t know what
i was saying, collecting the phone from me. “What is it?” she
asked. Looking at her like ‘lucosade’, i answered and said.
“Your number is not in it”. She laugged hysterically, and i
joined in the laughter. Then she said “you are so funny,
simple ‘can i have your number will do the trick.’ She took
the phone, and pressed in some 11 digits.
Though, my phone wasn’t quite cool, all the keys were
functioning properly and i was so proud of it. I was given
bedspace in Awolowo Hall, while Moji was given in
Mozambique Hall. So i came down from the Bus before her.
Because there is still a turn before getting to her hostel. I
waved at her, and said “see ya” she smiled and replied
same. This is not like Sandra’s case where i wasn’t sure i was
going to see her again. Even if i didn’t take Moji’s number,
we were in the same department anyway.
I entered my hostel, it was quite crowdy, as people were
going up and down, dragging bags and lockers. Indeed,
school had resumed.
What next? Find out in episode 8
Ads BY Kbees NG
0 comments
OLAA

Add your Comments

0 comments: